The Quality Engineering & Test Automation Senior Manager drives increased efficiency and effectiveness in testing using existing and emerging cutting-edge automation approach and technology. Works across business units and teams to deliver reduce time to market for software by developing and implementing a world-class Testing Automation vision and strategy. Significantly increase the level of test automation coverage throughout the enterprise.
- Establish and advocate adoption of Test Automation process and standardiztions across all products and projects
- Work closely with business and IT on priorities
- Hands-on leadership ensuring successful design, development and maintenance of automation framework for effective and efficient test execution in hybrid environment that includes legacy (mainframe and client server) and cutting-edge technologies (digital, web services, mobile, cloud).
- Ensure project/product SLAs are met by Manual/Automated Testing Strategy with a distributed team of employees, contractors and managed services
- Provides subject matter expertise in the area of test automation methodologies, best practices and software application testing tools on variety of applications relevant to our business environment.
- Provide leadership and direction to the teams to create and execute automated testing plans appropriate to function, product, enhancements, etc. being tested.
- Automation Responsibilities:
Leading Automation Task Force by driving innovation and solving real business problems through quality engineering.Manages staff and/or functional areas within IT; leads, mentors and influences others on complex projects and assignments.May be required to create and manage budget in excess of $10M QA/Test operating group and/or projects under their supervisionSolid understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities Solid understanding of IT estimation activities.Accountable for financial implications and cost of systems and services
- Automation development and standards for legacy, Dev Ops and Agile environments.
- Test and defect management processes and tooling.
- Regression test automation framework support to increase reusability and maintainability.
- Continuous testing/integration with CI/CD tools.
- Performance, load and stress testing.
- Shared Test Lab(s), Devices, Cloud, Service Virtualization.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators and metrics dashboard.
Responsible for defining optimization opportunities to manage expenses