Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
1. 10+ years as a software architect, lead developer, or development manager
3. Expert level knowledge and understanding of FDOT architecture, applications systems design and integration, highly desired
4. Expert level knowledge of cloud architecture, highly desired
5. Expert level knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, highly desired
| || |
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
The submitted candidate must be able to perform the following duties and/or tasks:
1. Work as an architecture team lead on large cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented. Provide architectural guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments. Provide hands-on support to peers; coach, guide and mentor others in accomplishing architecture, design, and implementation goals
2. Responsible for end-to-end enterprise development architecture; ensures code written to implement the architecture and design meets standards in terms of code quality and efficiency
3. Drive continuous improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies; collaborate with other developers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
4. Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards; align core .NET based platform development initiatives with Department development vision, strategy and deployment
5. Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies and methodologies.
| || |
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
The submitted candidate must be able to apply the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts
2. Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies
3. Knowledge of development methodologies including waterfall and agile
4. Knowledge of API management tools and methodologies
5. Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus technologies
6. Knowledge of popular Enterprise Resource Planning software
8. Skill in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications
9. Skill with Microsoft SQL and other Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including Oracle
10. Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service
11. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
12. Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
13. Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions
14. Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
15. Ability to architect cloud-based applications leveraging PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings for leading vendors such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
16. Ability to lead technical teams in delivering web technology architecture, design, and implementation
17. Ability to effectively communicate and lead distributed development teams
18. Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
19. Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others across varied disciplines
| || |
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
2. Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
3. Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
4. Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
5. Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
6. Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
7. Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
8. Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
9. Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.