Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communication, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
2 to 3 years of work experience in coordinating large groups, sections, or division.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required.
Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint, highly desired.
| || |
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
1. Reviews, evaluates, and disseminates correspondence, assignments, reports and other documents using judgment to ensure that relevant policy issues are addressed, that policy and procedures are followed, that items are responsive to the issues under consideration, and that content and quality are appropriate.
2. Consults with staff on issues requiring further work or investigation. Rewrites and revises documents as needed.
3. Responsible for overall coordination, reporting, and stability of coordinated office work efforts.
4. Coordinates communication with all areas of the office that impact resources of the work effort being managed.
5. Assists Application Services Manager in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to achieve the goals of office.
6. Provides support to the Application Services Manager and the Application Services Office leadership through the maintenance of calendar and coordination of logistics for conferences, meetings, conference calls and other division events.
7. Manages the travel schedule, authorization to travel, travel reimbursement, and related tasks for the Application Services Manager.
8. Ensure that the Application Services Manager is on time for scheduled meetings.
9. Provides administrative support for meetings by recording and typing notes, development and distribution of agenda and supporting documents, and ensuring that assignments or follow up that may be required is communicated to appropriate staff and tracked to completion.
10. Maintains electronic filing system for documents related to Division operations (SharePoint), communication records incoming and outgoing, responses to executive leadership, assignments, and promotes the utilization of the existing electronic review/approval system for the Application Services Manager.
11. Develops and distributes needed announcements to staff regarding important agency and Division issues, assist in the implementation of new employee onboarding, communicate employee acknowledgements and recognition as directed by Division leadership, and facilitate ongoing meetings with Division support staff to identify and resolve issues to increase operational efficiency.
12. Assists, coordinates as appropriate, and supports Division sponsored training and other events and activities.
13. Liaison between Application Services Manager and the Contract Coordinator, for application development and staff augmentation contracts.
14. Responsible for the monthly Legislative Budget Request report.
15. Create and run Innotas reports as requested.
Performs other duties as assigned.
| || |
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
The submitted candidate must be able to apply the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Strong familiarity with all Microsoft Office products
2. Experience with SharePoint workflows
3. The ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize, work with minimal supervision, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment is required
4. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
5. Familiarity with GoTo Meeting
6. Experience in identifying, developing, and deploying process improvements
7. Experience with Innotas is preferred, but not required
8. Experience taking meeting notes, in a fast-paced, large-group setting
9. IT background knowledge is preferred, but not required
1. Able to be trusted with sensitive information
2. Accountable team player who believes no task is too small or too big to tackle
3. Possess a high level of honesty and integrity in all matters
4. Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
5. Advanced interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
6. Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to conduct research into issues and topics as assigned
8. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
9. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new things quickly
10. Ability to effectively communicate ideas
11. Highly self-motivated and directed
12. Keen attention to detail
13. Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
14. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
15. Strong customer service orientation
| || |
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
2. Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
3. Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
4. Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
5. Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
6. Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
7. Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
8. Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
9. Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.