When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge.
Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools to become a rock-star cyber analyst? We are looking for people with a different kind of mind-set that includes strong intuition and the ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details. We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats. We are looking for people with the ability to perform the procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
We need cyber analysts that can do all or most of these types of tasks:
1.Find potential intrusions from seemingly benign audit logs or IDS alerts.
2.Create new techniques to compress time-intensive tasks into work that can be completed faster.
3.Evaluate and organize disparate sources of data to create a timeline of events and evaluate as a potential intrusion.
4. Catch the subtle cues of network traffic across the OSI stack to recognize and understand the meanings and implications of observed traffic.
5. Take apart a piece of malware to understand its attack vector and its most likely purpose.
6.Work with system owners to identify and correct misconfigurations.
7. Establish and grow relationships with other security operations centers, industry partners, and agencies to share best practices, tools and tippers.
8. Take on perspective of adversary and look at the structure of a network and supported mission to assess areas of exploitable vulnerabilities.
9.Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
10.Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
11.Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary
12.Communicate alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
13. Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
14. Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of
vulnerability scanning devices.
15. Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans
to determine compliance.
16. Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
17. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
18. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
19. Participate in special projects as required.
Position includes shift work in support of 24x7x365 CND security operations center.
Typical shift schedules: Day Shift, 6AM to 2:30PM; Swing Shift, 2PM to 10:30PM; Mids Shift, 10PM to 6:30AM.
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.