When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn
the procedures and tools to become a top performer? We are looking for people with a different kind of mind-set that includes strong intuition and the ability to think
creatively and see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details. We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that
propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats. We are looking for people with the ability to
perform the procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Experience working with cryptographic products that range from large communications systems to circuit card assemblies. Expert knowledge in on or more of the
following areas is required:
1. Type 1 COMSEC certification process and key management
2. Good knowledge of any or all of the following:
Type 1 Cryptographic products (e.g. KG-175D, KG-175G, KG-175X, KG-245, KG250, KG350
TEMPEST; encryption, key management (e.g. Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Common Tier 1 System), and communications standards
Computer Security; data networks, protocols & related cryptographic equipment integrated circuits
Secure Terminal Unit (STE) and KSV 21 Fortezza cards and Sectra vIPer
Data Transfer Devices (e.g. AN CYZ 10, Simple Key Loader, DTD2000(KIK20), RASKL (KIK30
Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally to customers on all levels. Must demonstrate a sense of mission and urgency when responding
Must have served as a COMSEC Custodian
The appointed COMSEC Specialist/Custodian should have completed some of following courses:
1. TACLANE - General Dynamics
2. CBT ND-111 COMSEC Accountability & Control
3. NSA COMSEC Course (IAEC-2112)
4. Local COMSEC Management SW (LCMS)
5. Security Refresher Information Assurance (IA) Training
6. Ability to understand and interpret DIA's COMSEC Program
- Respond to Siebel Service Requests that identify a COMSEC issue reported by the customer, Watch Officer, or management. Must be able to work with other support
personnel either in-house or at the field site to resolve operational issues in a timely manner
- Team with and provide support to the Network Operations and Maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve network, TACLANE and crypto problems. Understand how the
network has been engineered to include the circuits. Understanding the importance of remote management of devices using various crypto management solutions.
- Establish and maintain accurate accounting records and files. Maintain associated COMSEC databases to ensure all outgoing transfers of COMSEC items are properly
transferred and logged into the access database. All memos requesting transfer must be filed along the Standard Form (SF) 153. Ensure all packages receive a tracking
- Order new keys before expiration date and ensure the new key arrives in time to the various COMSEC accounts.
- Perform database updates and queries; produce reports for key expiration, etc.
- Ensure that all residential requests are signed before issuance of secure communications equipment. Ensure the tracking database is accurate and paperwork is filed
accordingly. Perform consolidated inventory every six months (June and December).
- Ensure that COMSEC levels for operational and contingency key is adequate in the vault.
- Maintain a current inventory of all COMSEC material, and be aware of the location of such material and the purpose for which it is held. A semi-annual inventory (SAIR)
will be completed every six months and when there is a custodial change. Conduct, supervise or request required inventories to be performed, including daily inventories.
- Provide vital COMSEC information to out-going Operations Commanders to educate them on the function of crypto and the importance of timely rekeying and return of
- Destroy COMSEC material as prescribed or directed.
- Interface with Network Engineers and Maintenance teams to be aware of new and discontinued circuits.
- Pull message traffic related to COMSEC daily. Review messages for COMSEC require actions.
- Update and file element memos appointing hand receipt holders to ensure that the database is accurate and includes the date of memo and consolidated inventory.
Issue consolidated inventory every six months. Provide hand receipt holder training to new appointees and refresher training for existing.
- Oversee the transportation of equipment to personnel in CONUS and OCONUS locations. Ensure appropriate funding is available to meet requirements.
- Participate and represent the COMSEC Team to streamline processes and communicate procedures, security guidelines and policy. Work to fix any inefficiency.
- Support, review and perform site assessments abroad to address vulnerabilities and operational risks. Prepare after action/trip reports upon return (within 5 business
- Personnel with KMI training are preferred
Computer Aid, Inc.
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.