GDIT is seeking a Senior Telecommunications Analyst to work at a site on Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. A strong work ethic and flexible attitude is critical for success in this
Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Coordinates installation of equipment.
5. May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
⦁ Ability to terminate all forms of fiber by various methods
⦁ Familiarity with fiber connector types and manufacturers
⦁ Experience testing single-mode and multi-mode fiber installations
⦁ Experience with OTDR testing and fiber optic troubleshooting
⦁ Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards
⦁ Installing, terminating, and testing all forms of copper and fiber cabling
⦁ Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures
6. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
7. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians, may run a team of 2-3 technicians
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
⦁ Directly related experience (cabling, construction trades)
⦁ Proven experience as a fiber optic specialist
⦁ BICSI Installer/Technician certification highly desired
⦁ Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed
⦁ Reliable daily travel to work-sites
⦁ Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety
⦁ Ability to lift at least 50 pounds as necessary
⦁ Ability to climb ladders, and stand for extended periods.
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.