Sr OpenStack Systems
Location: Computer Aid Inc
Sr OpenStack Systems
Summary of the role
The customer infrastructure is composed of hundreds of servers, thousands of virtual machines
(Linux/Windows) running on VMWare and using peta-bytes of storage.
In addition to the standard virtual infrastructure, thousands of instances are running on our private cloud (IaaS), based on Red Hat OpenStack.
We operate both VMWare and OpenStack platforms thanks to Red Hat Cloud Management Platform
CloudForms and configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
● Design, deploy and support private cloud infrastructure
● Provide technological knowledge
● Automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems in a cloud infrastructure
● Manage transition from Pilot to Production environments
● Write and maintain technical documentation, for internal use and for clients.
Technical Skills Required:
● Strong RHEL skills
● Strong OpenStack deployment and troubleshooting skills with Director
● Including good knowledge of Puppet, Heat Templates, and Ansible
● Ability to troubleshoot OpenStack, preferably to a code level (Python)
● Strong experience in virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare, Xen, RHEV)
● Experience in storage especially Software Defined Storage
● Strong scripting skills (Ruby, Python)
Technical Skill Appreciated:
● Knowledge of source code repositories (Git)
● Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker)
● Knowledge of continuous integration & continuous delivery/deployment (CI/CD) process
Desired Qualifications (one or more of the following):
● Interest in open source technology and community
● Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Certification
● Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) Certification
Computer Aid, Inc.
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.