The submitted candidate must be able to perform the following duties and/or tasks:
1. Perform technical assessments of the OWPB’s internal systems interfaces with the FM System.
2. Address maintenance and enhancement requests for applications owned by OWPB.
3. Provide architecture guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all code enhancements.
4. Provide hands-on support to peers; coach, guide, and mentor others in accomplishing architecture, design, and implementation goals.
5. Drive continuous improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies; collaborate with other developers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
6. Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards.
1. A minimum of 7 years of systems analysis/programming experience, with specific emphasis in FOCUS and WebFOCUS programming and data access methods using FOCUS Masters and Structured Query Language (SQL).
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Skilled in FOCUS and WebFOCUS programming and access methods using FOCUS Masters and Structured Query Language (SQL).
2. Ability to review FOCUS and WebFOCUS programs and determine and document business rules/logic addressed and database actions included.
3. Knowledge of mainframe computer systems and supporting software such as Customer Information Control System (CICS), Time Sharing Option (TSO), Job Control Language (JCL), and Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF).
4. Skill with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including but not limited to IBM DB2.
5. Ability to work independently in the technical analysis, evaluation and resolution of custom-written computer application production issues or problems, with little or no assistance, and to make decisions and recommendations to remediate those issues or problems
6. Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service
7. Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team.
8. Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions.
9. Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
10. Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
11. Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others across varied disciplines.
12. Ability to develop and manage information systems documentation in accordance with the Department’s standards.
Preferred (but not required) KSAs
1. Knowledge of the Florida Department of Transportation’s Financial Management System.
2. Knowledge and specific experience with accounting or financial related systems.
3. Ability to translate between Mainframe based technologies to .Net
4. Skill in the use of Microsoft.NET development technologies including ASP.NET and VB.NET.
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.