Collaborates with business owners/stakeholder to understand business needs, processes project specifications, business case development, cost sheet analysis and data sources.
Translates business needs into clearly defined and documented detailed, high quality requirements, functional designs, and system supplemental specifications for new applications or analyzes change requests/enhancements in existing applications.
Analyzes data to determine business problem, trends, or opportunities for process improvements.
Responsible for testing, and provides root cause analysis and corrective action plan.
Responsible for verification that the delivered application requirements meet the customer needs based on the specifications, ensuring minimal defects in both UAT and production. Accountable for identification, documentation, and escalation of risks, defects and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
Responsible for assisting in the resolution of risks, defects and issues. For smaller projects or initiatives may be accountable for project schedule and resource allocation up to and including matrix staff.
Accountable to provide project status back to the appropriate Management group or customer, staff involved in release co-coordination and/or various PMO groups.
This section lists the major duties and responsibilities of the position. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties/functions/attributes. Depending on Role, essential responsibilities may also include oversight and management of people and functions described below.
1. Work with customers, application developers, architects, project management and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions. Involved in aspects and/or full systems development lifecycle and is responsible for creation and maintenance of project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials).
2. Provide assistance and/or leads application development project deliverables. Obtain appropriate level of signoff as appropriate throughout the project lifecycle.
3. Manage job and project requirements so that projects are completed on time, in scope, within budget, with minimal defects. May help to maintain documentation such as design documents, architecture and flow diagrams.
4. Provide required business and/or subject matter expertise for both project and production related activities. May also participate as a subject matter expert in for new strategic programs or initiatives impacting current and existing systems.
5. Assure compliance to required standards and all necessary approvals have been obtained throughout the project lifecycle.
6. Interfaces with the business areas, customers, partners, vendors, technical staff and project teams to drive value, return on investments and innovative solutions. This includes providing alternative solutions, including vendor solution acquisitions, with maximum benefits while reducing cost (e.g. cost benefit analysis, pros/cons of solutions).
7. Accountable for all aspects of requirements testing (e.g. testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production UAT defects are realized and completing analysis of the results tying back to customer impacts. Will interface closely with the business and technical staff on the team during all phases of the project, including unit and system testing, integration and UAT testing culminating with implementation checkout and post implementation support.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Experience with automated testing tools
Referral Bonus: Level 2
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
Please Note: All positions are W-2 only and all relocation/lodging costs are the responsibility of the candidate if hired.
With the goal of ensuring a safe, productive work environment for both Computer Aid Associates and our customers, we will require that you submit to pre-employment drug testing and background screening prior to beginning employment.
CAI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities will receive consideration and are highly encouraged to apply.