Manages activities of various IT personnel. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.) Develops talent, Addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible for the oversight of the daily operations. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment.
1. Provides subject-matter direction and guidance to lower-level staff
• Trains, develops, and mentors staff
• Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work
• Provides technical leadership in first-line resolution of complex technical problems
2. Provides Staff Management oversight
• Hires, promotes, separates or makes recommendations regarding same
• Conducts performance reviews and assesses, manages performance
• Engages in skills assessments and promotes professional development of staff
• Assigns tasks, schedules work and establishes priorities
3. Adheres to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities
• Oversees process for recording hours
• Schedules work and assignments to maximize appropriate use of resources
Optimizes the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
4. Provides deep expertise in assigning and overseeing work of staff. Visualizes, articulates, and solves moderately complex problems/issues
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
• Connects strategy to employee’s job responsibility
• Participates, as necessary, in training and development to remain current in field(s) of expertise.
5. Actively participates in project teams
• Manages and tracks project details
6. Promotes continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area. Ensure compliance with corporate [and industry?] standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.)
7. Provides leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• *Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or comparable major
8+ years’ experience
• Or Master’s Degree +2 years exp.
• Master’s Degree
• Scrum Master certification a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills Software Development Lifecycle Licenses or Certifications
COBOL Waterfall Certification in applicable areas such as:
CSS3 Rationale DB2
SAS Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
Cognos Project Management - PMP
Hadoop Certified Quality Analyst (CQA)
SQL Scrum Master Certification
J2EE Lean/Six Sigma Certification
IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
Please Note: All positions are W-2 only and all relocation/lodging costs are the responsibility of the candidate if hired.
Please send resumes to:
Luke Wehner | Sr. Technical Recruiter
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI)
300 Wood Cliff Drive Suite 300 | Canonsburg, PA 15317
Phone: 724.749.8702 | Fax: 724.749.8785
With the goal of ensuring a safe, productive work environment for both Computer Aid Associates and our customers, we will require that you submit to pre-employment drug testing and background screening prior to beginning employment.
CAI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities will receive consideration and are highly encouraged to apply.