Assists in providing less complex application development services typically as part of a project team or in an application support role. Developers assist, analyze, design, code, test and implement less complex systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to IT standards and policies. Developers assist in providing less complex general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
1. Responsible for assisting in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
2. Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current SDLC standards.
3. Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing less complex innovative solutions to business needs.
4. Assists in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
5. Performs work in compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
6. Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
7. Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting less complex technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling [facilitating? Promoting?] Vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Licenses or Certifications:
Work Experience to include:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A Developer is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill sets are reviewed approximately every other year; new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases, Data Warehousing
COBOL, Visual Basic, C C++, SAS
PEGA, CSS3, Mobile, JSON, Cognos, Hadoop, SQL, J2EE, HTML5/XML, Business Object, .net
Project Management Tools:
Certification in application areas such as:
DB2, Cogno, PEGA, Enterprise Architect(SCEA), Project Management, Certified Quality Analyst (CQA), Scrum Master Certification, Lean/Six Sigma
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
Please Note: All positions are W-2 only and all relocation/lodging costs are the responsibility of the candidate if hired.
Please send resumes to:
Luke Wehner | Sr. Technical Recruiter
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI)
300 Wood Cliff Drive Suite 300 | Canonsburg, PA 15317
Phone: 724.749.8702 | Fax: 724.749.8785
With the goal of ensuring a safe, productive work environment for both Computer Aid Associates and our customers, we will require that you submit to pre-employment drug testing and background screening prior to beginning employment.
CAI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities will receive consideration and are highly encouraged to apply.