Duration: 4 months + (year-end, most likely longer). Contract only at this point.
Work hours: PART TIME, APPROXIMATELY 20 HOURS PER WEEK TO START. Department hours are M-F 7-4. Could potentially become a full-time role eventually.
Skills / Experience:
1) Ability to develop eLearning, preferably in Lectora or similar program
2) Instructional Design experience
3) Experience developing classroom materials and building/developing technical content; electrical background a plus
Develop and Revise Training Material
* Using good instructional design principles, author new CBTs/eLearning in Lectora and possibly other elearning authoring tools
* Using good instructional design principles, revise existing CBTs/eLearning in Lectora and possibly other elearning authoring tools
* Publish and test products to assure they are functioning properly
* Revise traditional training materials, as needed.
* Develop materials that support classroom, self-paced, and CBT/eLearning instruction
Experience required includes:
* Authoring tools (preferably Lectora)
* Instructional Design experience
* Developing training/learning content supporting self-paced, classroom, and elearning
* Experience with Electrical or Technical training content and working with technical subject matter experts
* Experience with an electrical utility a plus
Please see above
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our websitewww.compaid.com.
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.