DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Sr-level Middleware Developer will report to the PM in support of NAVSUP Business System Center (BSC) Enterprise Services Solution for Defense Logistics Management Standards (DLMS) Transactions
Using Software AG webMethods.
Provide input into high-level solution architecture. Create detailed designs for implementation and implement them. Enhance in-house knowledge of the webMethods suite. Strategically build reusable assets utilizing webMethods. Mentor and teach newer webMethods Developers best practices and techniques and assist with answering questions during development efforts. Participate in regular team meetings.
Candidate will work 100% in government spaces in in NAVSUP Business Systems Center work spaces in Mechanicsburg PA. Performance shall occur Monday through Friday between the core operating hours and shall follow Naval Support Activity base policy for reporting to work during severe weather and base closure.
WORK/SKILL SET EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum 7yrs of IT including 3-4 yrs of lifecycle experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse. Must have implemented 3 major data warehouses from concept to implementation with hands-on technical experience.
· Must have 3 years experience in Informatica with solid understanding of Pushdown Optimization and significant expertisein performance tuning large data volume ETL.
· Ability to create ETL framework with reusable assets.
Skill set requirement:
· Experience and working knowledge of the composition of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 standard transaction sets
· Experience and working knowledge of XML Schemas
· Experience and working knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Implementation Conventions (ICs)
· Experience and working knowledge of webMethods
· Experience and working knowledge of the JAVA Programming Language
Skill sets desired but not required:
· Experience and working knowledge of the Defense Logistics Management Standards (DLMS)
· Functional and Technical experience working with DLMS
· Experience and working knowledge of the Defense Logistics Standard Systems (DLSS)/Military Standard Systems (MILS)
· Experience and working knowledge of the Defense Automatic Addressing System (DAAS)
· Configuration Management Experience
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline. An additional 4 years of demonstrated middleware or equivalent experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
· Information Assurance DoD 8570.01-M Required: IA Certification Level: IAT Level I
o IAT Level 1 Certification: Security+ w/in 6 months of contract start
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.