This resource will primarily be tasked with overseeing the enterprise network switch migration and data cabling retrofit projects, but not limited to the following:
1. Assist in the design using best practices for the layout of rack, switch, and cabling infrastructure.
2. Coordinate network switch migrations and cabling implementations with FDOT’s district network POCs and vendors.
3. Provide project management functions to assist with activities related to the network switch migrations and data cabling
1. Generate and maintain technical documentation – User docs/procedures
2. Develop visual topology diagrams for network, cabling, and network switches
3. Track project tasks
4. Liaise migration tasks between project manager, stakeholders, and vendors
5. identifies and mitigates project risks and conflicts
6. Validate configurations to make sure they are aligned with existing methods and practices
|Minimum of 5 years work experience in a large facility supporting a computing and network environment|
· Minimum 5 years of experience in data cabling and data networks providing switching infrastructure implementations
· Project management skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
|Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.|
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.