Computer Aid Inc. (CAI) is a $500M global IT consulting firm that specializes in high value, long term managed services engagements with our clients. This is a challenging position and we are only looking for those that are highly motivated to learn, grow and keep pace in an ever-changing environment. Successful candidates will enjoy strong career growth within CAI and/or with our clients directly. Where needed, CAI will invest in technical training to ensure alignment with client technologies.
The role is a Techno-Functional position and the selected candidate will be required to perform various functions inclusive of Business Analysis and Quality Assurance while maintaining a low level technical understanding of a system. This role will operate within a product team.
1. Exhibit subject matter expertise on the low level design of a product
2. Understand the product’s entire technology stack
3. Understanding relational database fundamentals and working knowledge of the product data model
4. Understand the interdependencies between the product and other products within the enterprise
5. Analyze requirements and user stories to build seed data for a system
6. Configuration and testing of the product at the RCL headquarters staging environment
7. Supporting the end users through UAT cycles
8. Physical installation of the product in the vessels' production environments; travel approximately 25%
9. End user support during stabilization & operational support
10. Support of production like development & test lab environments
11. Create and maintain relevant product documentation
Secondarily, the position will be asked to support the lead within a product team tasked with innovation and release management, inclusive of:
1. Management of a product back log of defects and enhancements
2. Digesting requirements & user stories
3. Estimation of incoming technology requests and cost/benefit analysis
4. Context Definition and Solution Sketching
5. Maintaining a relationship and driving a schedule with product vendors
6. Execution and evolution of the product road map
7. Building test cases to evaluate nonfunctional requirements
8. Ensures there is accurate and current documentation of all existing and new products
9. 3rd Level Production Support
10. Stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product's competitive position.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication
2. Adept at learning new Relational database models
3. Proficiency with MS Excel, including VLookup and Pivot tables, Reporting (Crystal preferred) and other database tools (Toad\SQL Developer)
4. Proficiency in generating complex SQL queries and scripts.
5. Demonstrate flexibility during times of change and ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
6. Adept at independently conducting research and understanding when escalation to a manager is appropriate and escalating in a timely manner.
7. Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies independently and with training.
8. Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
9. Sensitivity to an environment which may collect and maintain data relevant to GDPR, PCI, PII regulations.
Preferred Skills & Technology Experience:
a. Agile method: 1 year
b. Application Software Delivery Life Cycle, Implementation, and Support: 5 years
c. Relational Databases & SQL: 5 years
d. Server Operating Systems Windows & Linux: 5 years
e. Product development: 5 years
f. PC Operating Systems Windows 7 , Windows 8, & Windows 10: 5 years
g. Mobile Operating Systems iOS, Android: 2 years
h. Mobile device management with Ground Control and AirWatch in an on premises, Layer 3 network: 1 year
Preferred Cruise & Hospitality Relevant Experience:
a. Crew management
b. Customer reservation management
c. Guest arrival/departure operations
d. Financial/Night Audit processes
e. Front desk operations
f. Governmental manifest regulations relative to cruise operations
g. Maritime safety processes
h. Facilities management
i. Customer issue resolution
Preferred Cruise Technology or Hospitality Technology Experience with the following applications:
a. Oracle Hospitality Cruise
i. Ship's Property Management System
iii. Fleet Management System
1) Reservation Distribution
2) Ships' data aggregation
3) Operational maintenance
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology related field preferred
Normal business hours are 9 am - 6 pm M-F and the selected candidates must be available to work those hours. Some weekend and overtime work may be required and candidate should expect to work 70 hours during implementation phases.
Passport required. 20% Travel - Production installation is required in the shipboard environment. International and/or domestic travel may be needed in order to join the vessels.
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.